In Case of Imminent or Actual Flooding:
If you need sandbags, call Facilities Operations & Maintenance at 426-1409 (426-6911 after hours)
If you can do so safely:
- Secure vital equipment, records, and hazardous materials by moving to higher, safer ground.
- Shut off all non-essential electrical equipment.
- Wait for instructions from your Building Coordinator, Facilities Operations & Maintenance, or University Security.
- Avoid standing in flood water due to the threat of electrocution.
Once you receive notice to evacuate:
- Move all personnel to a safe area, away from the building in danger.
- Locate those persons with special needs, and provide assistance if possible.
- Otherwise, provide their location to Emergency Responders.
- Do NOT return to the building until instructed to do so by the Incident Commander, Building Coordinator, or Facilities Operations & Maintenance.
Call Facilities Operations & Maintenance for assistance with flood clean-up as soon as possible to avoid unsanitary conditions and mold:
- Mon.- Fri. till 4p.m. 426-1409
- Call University Security & Police Dispatch after hours and on weekends: 426-6911
* Flooding can occur due to major rainstorms, water main breaks, or loss of power to sump pumps