If a Bomb Threat is Received:
- If your phone has Caller ID, record the number displayed.
- Gain the attention of someone else close-by, point to this information, and have that person call 911 from any other campus or cell phone. This call should be made out of hearing range from the caller.
- Work with arriving emergency personnel to assist them in evaluating the situation.
- Assist emergency responders with a search of the area if requested.
- Provide for an orderly evacuation ONLY when ordered by emergency personnel.
- Do NOT sound the evacuation alarm or evacuate the building unless told to do so by your Building Coordinator or Incident Commander.
- If ordered to evacuate, proceed to safe assembly locations. Do NOT return to an evacuated building unless told to do so by the on-scene Incident Commander.
Bomb Threat Phone Call Checklist
DHS Bomb Threat Procedures and Training Video